Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Notify" is damaged and can't be opened.

After downloading the macOS Ventura 13.0 earlier today, I started getting a notification that stated that ""Notify" is damaged and can't be opened." The notification started when my computer restarted after downloading macOS Ventura 13.0 and continued to appear after I restarted my computer. The only options I can click are "Show in Finder" or "OK." If I select the first, it opens Finder to Notify but then the same notification appears. If I click "OK" then the notification reappears in a few seconds.

I know I could simply delete the application, but I am worried about losing some function on my Mac. Is there anyway to fix the damage, should I delete the file, or is there a different solution?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 5:38 PM

I just updated to macOS Ventura today and I am getting that same "Notify" message. I have tried restarting my computer but I can't get it to go away. Like EWT2 mentioned above, I click "OK" and it goes away for maybe one second and then it pops back up in the middle of my screen and I cannot get rid of it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2022 5:38 PM in response to EWT2

I just updated to macOS Ventura today and I am getting that same "Notify" message. I have tried restarting my computer but I can't get it to go away. Like EWT2 mentioned above, I click "OK" and it goes away for maybe one second and then it pops back up in the middle of my screen and I cannot get rid of it.

Oct 25, 2022 6:08 PM in response to EWT2

I began macOS Ventura 13.0 a couple of days ago and when I attempted to open Claris FileMaker after a restart the same message popped up. However, I bypassed the warning and opened the application anyway and it functioned fine and has continued to work, without any more of those warnings, ever since. Further, I have seen no other warnings about damaged applications.

"Notify" is damaged and can't be opened.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.