Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ok I have a recovery key how can I reset my Appleid password

I forgot Appleid passcode.I was told to get a recovery key.I did.but I don’t know how to use the key to reset my password

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 9:05 PM

Hi F3rny1973

welcome to the Apple Community

Re: how to use the key to reset my password

Apple Support's article:

How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

says:

"Use a recovery key

If you forget your Apple ID password, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode.

Or

you can use your recovery key, a trusted phone number, and an Apple device to reset your password. 

Make sure the device is running iOS 11 or macOS High Sierra or later, and be sure to enter the complete recovery key including upper-case letters and hyphens. Learn more about what to do if you forget your Apple ID password

All the best :-)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 9:05 PM in response to F3rny1973

Hi F3rny1973

welcome to the Apple Community

Re: how to use the key to reset my password

Apple Support's article:

How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

says:

"Use a recovery key

If you forget your Apple ID password, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode.

Or

you can use your recovery key, a trusted phone number, and an Apple device to reset your password. 

Make sure the device is running iOS 11 or macOS High Sierra or later, and be sure to enter the complete recovery key including upper-case letters and hyphens. Learn more about what to do if you forget your Apple ID password

All the best :-)

Ok I have a recovery key how can I reset my Appleid password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.