Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i change password without knowing my old password, I've already accessed my icloud but need to change it now

Need to change old Icloud password. Already In icloud because it was saved on my phone but I can't change cause I don't know it

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 5:05 AM

The article that you referenced is not for your "icloud password". Your "icloud password" is your APPLE ID PASSWORD (requires at least 8 characters) & allows you to access your icloud information like your photos & such. You can change that by clicking on settings>your name>password & security. Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

The article you referenced is for your IPHONE PASSCODE (usually 6 digits) which is saved locally on the device. And long story short, having one set allows helps protect your data. If you forgot your iphone passcode, the only way to change it is to use the article above.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 5:05 AM in response to Robinyo

The article that you referenced is not for your "icloud password". Your "icloud password" is your APPLE ID PASSWORD (requires at least 8 characters) & allows you to access your icloud information like your photos & such. You can change that by clicking on settings>your name>password & security. Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

The article you referenced is for your IPHONE PASSCODE (usually 6 digits) which is saved locally on the device. And long story short, having one set allows helps protect your data. If you forgot your iphone passcode, the only way to change it is to use the article above.

How do i change password without knowing my old password, I've already accessed my icloud but need to change it now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.