Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 8 camera jitter

The autofocus on my iPhone 8 is out of control. In every mode but slo-mo, it is constantly zooming in and out by tiny increments. The back camera is all but useless.

I've seen other people who own iPhones 6-8 post about this problem, but, though the standard restart and reinstall and update canned response is everywhere, I've seen nothing that actually fixes the issue.

I've recently updated to iOS 16.1, have restarted my iPhone, and have seen no improvement. The solution of gluing a magnet onto the phone by the camera seems extreme, so I have yet to try that.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 3:22 AM

Hardware fault. Dropped or plain worn out.

You should arrange a repair 

iPhone Service & Repair - Apple Support

Or

Contact - Official Apple Support

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article under "Other damage"

See also:  Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 3:22 AM in response to Jeremiah Jones1

Hardware fault. Dropped or plain worn out.

You should arrange a repair 

iPhone Service & Repair - Apple Support

Or

Contact - Official Apple Support

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article under "Other damage"

See also:  Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

iphone 8 camera jitter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.