Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About the education price ( Gift card )

Hi, I recently purchased iPad through the education price on September. However, they charged me on the Gift card price too. I thought they gonna deduct it when the charge for the iPad, but they did not. What should I do?

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 2:59 PM

Nothing, that's the expected process.

You get deducted the gift card amount from the iPad's total cost, but then get charged for the gift card.

If the iPad cost $500 and you got a $100 gift card, you pay $400 for the iPad + $100 for the gift card. Total still is $500, and you get a gift card.

It's not a direct discount on the device, it a gift card for a specific amount when you make a purchase. It's just how they charge the amounts.

Link-> Back to School - Terms and Conditions - Education - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 2:59 PM in response to hash_xx

Nothing, that's the expected process.

You get deducted the gift card amount from the iPad's total cost, but then get charged for the gift card.

If the iPad cost $500 and you got a $100 gift card, you pay $400 for the iPad + $100 for the gift card. Total still is $500, and you get a gift card.

It's not a direct discount on the device, it a gift card for a specific amount when you make a purchase. It's just how they charge the amounts.

Link-> Back to School - Terms and Conditions - Education - Apple

About the education price ( Gift card )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.