Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 5th generation work with my iPad Pro 6th generation. What is the difference between the Keyboards?

Is the 2022 keyboard and different from my generation 5 keyboard?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 3:32 PM

The fifth and sixth generation iPad Pro 12.9” are physically identical. While Apple only list compatibility for “current” model accessories in its online catalogue, technically you should not anticipate any issues.

While compatibility of the 2021 Magic/Smart keyboards are unlikely to be a concern with the 2022 iPad Pro models, the 2022 keyboards are definitely back-compatible with the 2021 models of iPad Pro.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 3:32 PM in response to winton224

The fifth and sixth generation iPad Pro 12.9” are physically identical. While Apple only list compatibility for “current” model accessories in its online catalogue, technically you should not anticipate any issues.

While compatibility of the 2021 Magic/Smart keyboards are unlikely to be a concern with the 2022 iPad Pro models, the 2022 keyboards are definitely back-compatible with the 2021 models of iPad Pro.

Will my Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 5th generation work with my iPad Pro 6th generation. What is the difference between the Keyboards?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.