Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment method keeps declining

I need help adding my new Visa card to my payment method since my Mastercard stopped working and I was requested to chat with the support team

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 11:02 PM

Based on your country of residence and country you have selected under your Apple ID --> Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple ...

Have you a Debit/Credit card that is issued to you that is valid internationally and is from the same Country / Region as your Apple ID.

Know it here --> If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes ...

Check the following

1. The payment method that you are adding is of the same country as that of App Store Country on your iPhone
  2. You have a valid payment plan debit/credit card from an authorised bank from the same country
  3. Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support
  4. Learn more about family purchases and payments.
  5. Please check if your Debit/Credit card is valid internationally

If you can't choose None as a payment method only if...

1. If you have an unpaid balance or payment due
  2. If you have a subscription that automatically renews
  3. If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time
  4. If you are not in the country or region you’re creating an Apple ID for
  5. If you changed your country or region
  6. If you're a part of Family Sharing

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 11:02 PM in response to aisosa242

Based on your country of residence and country you have selected under your Apple ID --> Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple ...

Have you a Debit/Credit card that is issued to you that is valid internationally and is from the same Country / Region as your Apple ID.

Know it here --> If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes ...

Check the following

1. The payment method that you are adding is of the same country as that of App Store Country on your iPhone
  2. You have a valid payment plan debit/credit card from an authorised bank from the same country
  3. Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support
  4. Learn more about family purchases and payments.
  5. Please check if your Debit/Credit card is valid internationally

If you can't choose None as a payment method only if...

1. If you have an unpaid balance or payment due
  2. If you have a subscription that automatically renews
  3. If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time
  4. If you are not in the country or region you’re creating an Apple ID for
  5. If you changed your country or region
  6. If you're a part of Family Sharing

Oct 26, 2022 11:03 PM in response to aisosa242

Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details.

https://appleid.apple.com

On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

Or -> Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods – Apple Support (UK)

• Add first the new card, then remove the old one.

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

Click here for more support and assistance.

or Call Apple in your region see: Contact Apple for support and service

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

or call 1-800-MY-APPLE,

Oct 26, 2022 11:19 PM in response to aisosa242

aisosa242 Said:

"Payment method keeps declining: I need help adding my new Visa card to my payment method since my Mastercard stopped working and I was requested to chat with the support team"

-------

Why Cards Cannot be Added:

Either there is an issue connecting to Apple's server, or you card is being declined. So, contact Apple Support from here.

Troubleshooting Apple Wallet:

Contact Apple Support:

For Financial Assistance, contact Apple Support. These are user-to-user forums. We are not Apple.  Apple barely reads these site on their own time, as it is. As you may suspect, no one here would know the answer to this. So, contact Apple Support. The'll see what has occurred, and will run you through the fix. Here is the information for contacting Apple Support:

Apple Phone Support:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Payment method keeps declining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.