Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS font sizes

So, I have upgraded to Ventura and they still have not corrected the worst mistake in MacOS. Not allowing complete control over font sizes. So much of my screen is painful to read because the fonts are often so small I have to squint. Even when I was twenty years old and I had better than 20/20 vision, the font sizes I am restricted to would not fly at a resolution of 1920 by 1080, never mind 3072 by 1920. I know other people who are starting to give up on MacOS because of Accessibility issues, and I am starting to do the same.

Is there any trick or external utility or cheat that I can use? And no, do not tell me to lower the resolution of my screen. I bought my first camera that can match the resolution of thrity-five mil film (about 5333 by 4000) fourteen years ago, and screen resolutions are always rising. If Windows 3.11 can allow you to adjust your font sizes to be readable at 640 by 480, 800 by 600, 1024 by 768, or 1280 by 960, surely an OS for computers of the 2020s can do that, too.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 2:38 AM

Apple's macOS does not work like Microsoft Windows wherein the user can Change the Font Size System Wide and that is a fact.

The best Apple allows are from the 2 below images

1 - Change the Display Resolution

2 - Accessibilities

3 -  Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing  issue or displease

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 2:38 AM in response to DeanSad

Apple's macOS does not work like Microsoft Windows wherein the user can Change the Font Size System Wide and that is a fact.

The best Apple allows are from the 2 below images

1 - Change the Display Resolution

2 - Accessibilities

3 -  Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing  issue or displease

Oct 27, 2022 1:37 AM in response to DeanSad

This fix will help on your computer with text size, including context menu. If you use Chrome, it will fix the text on the tabs and bookmarks. There are other changes you will notice as well. Like with Chrome, on web pages you will need to change the zoom level to your liking, I set it at 100%. Some pages I had to change to a more comfortable level with Command + or -. Once done, your golden.

After your done, may also need to make the folder size smaller, Quicktime (and/or other player) smaller as well. This was from changes I made before to make things more comfortable to look at on screen. If you use Chrome, you need to make more adjustments, you probably already know how to do this. I will post how to do that as well, if you don't know already.

Start by having Chrome open to a web page. Grab a corner of Chrome and make it much smaller. When I did this, Chromes edges were off the screen after I made the changes for the fix,. Not a problem in making it smaller, don't worry. Also, you may need to change the font. Mine, words are now spaced far apart. I changed the font looking to fix text size on Tabs, menus and file names on mac.

--------- Let's Get Started ---------

This was done with macOS Ventura 13.0

>Go to >System Settings >Displays, in sidebar.

>In the right panel, it's set at Default. Click on the next size to the left. Your done there, close it. Now make changes to the size of folders and Chrome as needed.

>Chrome: Go to the three dots in the upper right corner. >Settings >Set Zoom to level to your preferences.

It worked for me. I can now see the text on the mac better now. The tabs and bookmarks bigger now on the tabs and bookmarks.

MacOS font sizes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.