Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch compatibility

Hey,

I bought a new Apple Watch SE (2nd series) in the U.S. even tho I asked the genius for a compatible model for Israel, as I got back I tried to connect the Watch to my carrier and figured that it's not working.

now I'm stuck with a watch with the cellular feature that doesn't work.

please help me find a solution.

my Watch model is A2727

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 9:24 AM

The hardware for certain Apple products like the iPhone and Apple Watch is country specific, due to the different carriers and services in different countries. Especially if it comes to LTE the standards differ between carriers/countries.

Thats the reason that Apple may restrict the warranty to the country of purchase in such cases.

If you have a trusted friend that happens to be traveling to the US, a return of your Apple Watch might be possible, if Apple Support USA would agree to that, depending on the time passed between purchase and date of return.

Or shipping your watch to a trusted person in the US might be an option as well.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 9:24 AM in response to GK2001

The hardware for certain Apple products like the iPhone and Apple Watch is country specific, due to the different carriers and services in different countries. Especially if it comes to LTE the standards differ between carriers/countries.

Thats the reason that Apple may restrict the warranty to the country of purchase in such cases.

If you have a trusted friend that happens to be traveling to the US, a return of your Apple Watch might be possible, if Apple Support USA would agree to that, depending on the time passed between purchase and date of return.

Or shipping your watch to a trusted person in the US might be an option as well.

Apple Watch compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.