Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the Apple pencil with the new trackpad?

can I use the apple pencil with the new trackpad? If not how can I use an Apple Pencil to draw with my MacBook. I have an iPad but Sketchbook Pro is not available as app for Ipad

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 7:37 AM

4 replies

Oct 27, 2022 8:51 AM in response to Jaxbexer

I can tell you with great certainty that babowa is not a bot. There is no need to be rude. We are your fellow users. We only know what Apple has said publicly. If Apple has not announced that the Apple Pencil will work with a trackpad then, as far as we know, it won't.

You can certainly let Apple know your thoughts on what you'd like to see in the future here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Oct 27, 2022 8:38 AM in response to babowa

So in short- the answer is NO. Yes, I am aware that it works with the IPad.

Is this an automated bot answer because I’ve seen this same answer on numerous other discussions. It’s not very helpful.

On the other hand, I did find a helpful answer on google! The answer is to use Sidecar to mirror your MacBook with IPad.

Can I use the Apple pencil with the new trackpad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.