Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv 4k 1st generation black screen

no picture, just sound on apple tv 4k 1st generation

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 12:40 AM

Possibly the video settings on Apple TV are somehow not compatible with the connected screen.

Try performing the procedure as outlined in the second bullet point in the Related Article, using the remote buttons, until you get a valid video setting.

3 replies

Nov 12, 2022 1:31 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I'm having this issue as well with my 4k Apple TV running the most current OS. Let me be specific: the black screen with continued audio only occurs on one Hulu channel. All the other Hulu channels display video and sound correctly. When I switch to my Sony 4k Android TV, the channel and Hulu never ever goes black. So, this seems to be an issue with the 4k Apple TV firmware. I have deleted and re-installed the Hulu app. I have restarted the Apple TV several times. I have quit any open applications other than Hulu that may be running in the background. But the problem persists. If this was an incompatible video setting/resolution issue then surely all the Hulu channels and other apps would be effected. However, this is not the case. Again, only one channel on Hulu goes black, all the other channels operate just fine and dandy.

apple tv 4k 1st generation black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.