Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete payment methods from my Apple ID on my iPhone?

I have a credit card and PayPal on my Apple ID in Payment & Shipping on my iPhone. I want to delete them both but can't delete either one. Neither the "Delete" button when swiping works, nor does the "Remove Payment Method" link when I go into each individual payment method. It's like they're dead links. I have one active subscription, but I've cancelled it so it'll expire in a few months.

How can I get these accounts off my Apple ID?

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 3:59 PM

Hi casadelynch

Welcome to the Apple Community

Seems Apple requires you have at least one payment method on file while you have active subscription (s).

You would need to remove payment methods from your Apple ID Account:

Apple support have articles online (links below) that may or may not help:

How to: Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

What to do: If you can't remove a payment method from your Apple ID – Apple Support

You can also access your Apple ID Account online, and edit payment methods there.:

Apple ID Log-in:

https://appleid.apple.com/

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 3:59 PM in response to casadelynch

Hi casadelynch

Welcome to the Apple Community

Seems Apple requires you have at least one payment method on file while you have active subscription (s).

You would need to remove payment methods from your Apple ID Account:

Apple support have articles online (links below) that may or may not help:

How to: Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

What to do: If you can't remove a payment method from your Apple ID – Apple Support

You can also access your Apple ID Account online, and edit payment methods there.:

Apple ID Log-in:

https://appleid.apple.com/

All the best :-)

How do I delete payment methods from my Apple ID on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.