Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I use an m1 Mac mini whit a monitor which has a refresh rate of 144hz at 144hz or only at 60?

i am thinking about buying me a gaming monitor for my m1 Mac mini.I looked on the apple website and I saw, that the Mac mini can only support up to 60hz.I know that I can use a 144hz monitor at 60hz

, but could I use it with 144hz?Because I saw a video on YouTube, where a guy is showing his setup with an m1 Mac mini and an 144hz monitor. He could also change the refresh rate in the settings of the MAC.

He said, that he can finally use 144hz on his Mac so it must be possible or not?

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 3:51 PM

The HDMI port supports 4K at 60Hz.

The THunderBolt/USB-C port supports 6K at 60Hz.

see “Video Support” at > Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

and > Connect a display to Mac mini - Apple Support

There is no guarantee, but you may be able to get higher Refresh rates using a Display that supports DisplayPort input and a USB-C to DisplayPort cable.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 3:51 PM in response to ApFeLkUcHeN8

The HDMI port supports 4K at 60Hz.

The THunderBolt/USB-C port supports 6K at 60Hz.

see “Video Support” at > Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

and > Connect a display to Mac mini - Apple Support

There is no guarantee, but you may be able to get higher Refresh rates using a Display that supports DisplayPort input and a USB-C to DisplayPort cable.

can I use an m1 Mac mini whit a monitor which has a refresh rate of 144hz at 144hz or only at 60?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.