Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID two factor verification code is being sent to my old number

I had my number changed and my two factor verification code is being sent to my old number . How In the world do I fix this, it’s critical.

I am currently on the same phone with new number and the Apple ID I cannot log into anymore, the Apple ID i am signed into now is a new one I had to make just to be able to use Apple programs or what have you. I hope this is enough information for you to help me resolve this headache of an issue. Thanx so much for your help

[Edited by Moderator] 

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 5:35 PM

3 replies

Oct 27, 2022 5:48 PM in response to _TheGoat_

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   *

If you can get a code and sign in, you need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage

Oct 27, 2022 6:24 PM in response to _TheGoat_

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.   -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  *   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support      -    Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call.   -

If necessary, use Twitter or Messages.

Apple on Twitter     

Messages chat with Apple  

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      *

My Apple ID two factor verification code is being sent to my old number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.