Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download folder in dock 2022

My download folder in dock went away. I restored it from Finder but it doesn't show, open or fan downloads. The only thing it does is take you back to finder. I am trying to get the stack back in Dock.

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 5:48 PM

4 replies

Oct 28, 2022 1:23 PM in response to Niel

Unfortunately, that doesn't do it and I have tried it many times. It just brings up three options: Remove From Dock, Open at Login or Show in Finder (see attached picture).

The download folder in the dock now does not act as it used to by giving all of the normal options and showing the actual downloads. The only place I can see downloads now is in Finder.

Oct 31, 2022 7:20 PM in response to Niel

I'm not sure how or why but when I did what you said the download folder was showing up as 'Alias'. I right-clicked on it and it gave me the option to Show Original and that folder was the correct one that I was able to drag down to the dock. Thanks so much for your assistance, this was driving me nuts!

download folder in dock 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.