Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone won’t connect to hp printer

Why won’t my house printer and iPhone 11 connect to network together

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 10:42 PM

Your HP printer has to be AirPrint compatible to work with the iPhone. Both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi Network.

More details in this guide published by Apple 👉 How to Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone.

Axel F.

2 replies

Oct 28, 2022 11:58 AM in response to carolynn318

Hi,

Also, if you have an AirPrint-enabled printer model, and there is a device/computer discovery problem when using AirPrint, one could try a procedure like this (in this order, with these waiting times):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Additionally, if your printer is a non-AirPrint wireless model, it may still be possible to use it with an iPhone, provided that an HP iOS app supports the printer in question.

If it is a USB-only printer, and if you have access to an OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later Mac computer, a third-party Mac application such as Printopia could be used for printing from an iPhone. The Mac (connected to a Wi-Fi router) would then act as a print server for the USB printer.

If in doubt, please post back with the exact printer model.

My iPhone won’t connect to hp printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.