Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro 2nd gen 2017

Hello, my ipad was discountinued a few years back and because of that they dont really make any more cases for my ipad, well they do but one colored ones anyway i was gonna ask if there was an ipad thats basically the same? the size and width of it so i could order a case for that ipad but it fits mine?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 7:42 AM

Attempting to fit a new model iPad to an case designed for an earlier device is unwise. Fitted cases are precise-fit - while “generic” cases that are intended to accommodate many different models are often a compromise.

Cases with covers often contain tiny magnets - these being used to trigger certain actions, such as auto-locking the screen when the cover is closed. The sensor and corresponding magnet positions are often differ between iPad models.

If you are entertaining purchase of a new model iPad, first choose the iPad - and then the cover. Current model iPads will always have much greater choice of covers and styles than older models.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 7:42 AM in response to kamile261

Attempting to fit a new model iPad to an case designed for an earlier device is unwise. Fitted cases are precise-fit - while “generic” cases that are intended to accommodate many different models are often a compromise.

Cases with covers often contain tiny magnets - these being used to trigger certain actions, such as auto-locking the screen when the cover is closed. The sensor and corresponding magnet positions are often differ between iPad models.

If you are entertaining purchase of a new model iPad, first choose the iPad - and then the cover. Current model iPads will always have much greater choice of covers and styles than older models.

ipad pro 2nd gen 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.