Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warranty outside UK

Hello! If i was to purchase a phone in the UK and use it in another European country, would I be able to make a warranty claim in my country or would I have to send the phone to the UK to have it repaired on the warranty.

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 8:43 AM

You will likely have to return it t the UK. Apple specially says this, excerpted from the US iPhone warranty statement:

The large type in Apple's emphasis, not mine, so they must consider this an important statement.

As for why, we are your fellow end users and have no special insight into nor access to Apple's policy-making process.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 8:43 AM in response to farmy32

You will likely have to return it t the UK. Apple specially says this, excerpted from the US iPhone warranty statement:

The large type in Apple's emphasis, not mine, so they must consider this an important statement.

As for why, we are your fellow end users and have no special insight into nor access to Apple's policy-making process.

Oct 28, 2022 8:52 AM in response to farmy32

farmy32 wrote:

Hello! If i was to purchase a phone in the UK and use it in another European country, would I be able to make a warranty claim in my country or would I have to send the phone to the UK to have it repaired on the warranty.

That’s an interesting question. The Apple warranty is honored in every country of the EU+Switzerland if the phone is purchased in an EU country. And until Brexit that would also have included the UK. I don’t know if it is still true post-brexit. Ask an Apple store.

Warranty outside UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.