You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled iPad/not enough memory

My son disabled our ipad by putting in the passcode too many times. When I connected our ipad to the computer in recovery mode iTunes said "The iPad software update server could not be contacted. There is not enough memory available." What can we do now?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 6:28 AM

The alert that you see concerning insufficient space likely refers to your computer having insufficient storage with which to download, unpack and verify the software package. Ensure that your computer’s primary/system partition has adequate free space.

2 replies

Oct 28, 2022 3:40 PM in response to killerkat111

killerkat111 wrote:

My son disabled our ipad by putting in the passcode too many times. When I connected our ipad to the computer in recovery mode iTunes said "The iPad software update server could not be contacted. There is not enough memory available." What can we do now?

You don't update you put the ipad in recovery mode If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Disabled iPad/not enough memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.