Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone hack my Apple ID to use to access my FaceTime account?

Can someone steal my Apple ID password and use it to access my FaceTime account for their use? And what are the implications? What are the implications?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 1:51 PM

Theoretically, yes. That's why Apple very strongly encourages the use of Two-Factor Authentication. Once that's enabled, not only does someone need to know our password, they also need to have access to an unlocked trusted device.

If your Apple ID was compromised, the person would have access to all of your data stored in iCloud including files, photos, contacts. If they logged into your Apple ID on another Apple device, they would be able to see your messages and call logs.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 1:51 PM in response to Leatherhosen

Theoretically, yes. That's why Apple very strongly encourages the use of Two-Factor Authentication. Once that's enabled, not only does someone need to know our password, they also need to have access to an unlocked trusted device.

If your Apple ID was compromised, the person would have access to all of your data stored in iCloud including files, photos, contacts. If they logged into your Apple ID on another Apple device, they would be able to see your messages and call logs.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Can someone hack my Apple ID to use to access my FaceTime account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.