Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPhone and iPad email again, changed email passwords & now iPad does not receive email

I have an iPhone 8 and iPad Air 2 I had to change passwords for 2 yahoo email accounts. When opening email on iPhone, it directed me to enter each new password to verify change. I was able to receive email from both accounts on my iPhone, but my iPad gives me an error to enter the password in Mail and Accounts, but I can not do that on the ipad it shows the accounts but is not in BOLD to be able to access them. I was able to do that on my iPhone and thought it was for both devices. How do I receive my email again on my ipad?

Thank you in advance.

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 6:20 AM

In common with many other Mail providers, Yahoo now use App Passwords to secure access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes.

The Mail App on each of your devices, such as your iPad, may require a unique password to be generated from within the Yahoo account. This App password intentionally differs from your Yahoo account password - and can only be used to access your Yahoo mail.

More information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2022 6:20 AM in response to SnoopyNut26

In common with many other Mail providers, Yahoo now use App Passwords to secure access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes.

The Mail App on each of your devices, such as your iPad, may require a unique password to be generated from within the Yahoo account. This App password intentionally differs from your Yahoo account password - and can only be used to access your Yahoo mail.

More information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

Oct 28, 2022 3:34 PM in response to SnoopyNut26

SnoopyNut26 wrote:

I have an iPhone 8 and iPad Air 2 I had to change passwords for 2 yahoo email accounts. When opening email on iPhone, it directed me to enter each new password to verify change. I was able to receive email from both accounts on my iPhone, but my iPad gives me an error to enter the password in Mail and Accounts, but I can not do that on the ipad it shows the accounts but is not in BOLD to be able to access them. I was able to do that on my iPhone and thought it was for both devices. How do I receive my email again on my ipad?

Thank you in advance.

Delete and re add the yahoo account, still doesn't work contact Yahoo.

Oct 28, 2022 5:11 PM in response to razmee209

Thank you razmee209, I may try that, but I am afraid to delete the accounts from my iPhone , and if it didn’t work, I am worried about trying to contact yahoo and trusting they are really from yahoo. Sorry to say but it is hard to trust you are not getting a hacker. It just makes me nervous. I appreciate your response very much though, thank you!

Sync iPhone and iPad email again, changed email passwords & now iPad does not receive email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.