Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting failed filter message when trying to print to OKI C511dn from Imac OS Monterey 12

Why am I getting filter failed message I have updated the drivers using drivers from OKI support. I have reset the printers and done all the things suggested on Google.

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 3:43 PM

Thank you for the information, Anney.

It looks like everything is correct. If there is a problem with the driver (which is said to work with macOS 12 Monterey), you may have to contact OKI.

Could you possibly connect the printer's Ethernet port to one of the LAN ports of a Wi-Fi router, just as an experiment? The iMac should be connected to the same router (wirelessly, or via Ethernet). If you then, after another printing system reset, try to add the (now network) printer, any change?

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2022 3:43 PM in response to Anney28

Thank you for the information, Anney.

It looks like everything is correct. If there is a problem with the driver (which is said to work with macOS 12 Monterey), you may have to contact OKI.

Could you possibly connect the printer's Ethernet port to one of the LAN ports of a Wi-Fi router, just as an experiment? The iMac should be connected to the same router (wirelessly, or via Ethernet). If you then, after another printing system reset, try to add the (now network) printer, any change?

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

Oct 29, 2022 8:41 AM in response to Anney28

Hi,

How is the printer connected (USB or Ethernet)? Have both methods been tested?

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Would it be correct to assume that you have installed a Hiper-C printer driver and used a printer driver updater (Hiper-C)?

https://www.oki.com/uk/printing/support/drivers-and-utilities/colour/44951604/?os=ab59&lang=ac2

You mentioned a reset. Was this the printing system reset according to the following Apple article?

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

https://www.oki.com/uk/printing/images/C511dn_Specification_Sheet_tcm67-23083.pdf

Oct 29, 2022 3:02 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

Hi Jan

To answer your questions.. the printer is connected with USB and it’s working fine.

yes , I installed the most recent version of the Hiper C from the OKI site then the Updater

yes, it was the printing system reset as advised on Apple support.

Up until now the printer has worked very well on my old MacBook Air ( mid 2011) running, I think , Sierra ( It was the last OS I was able to upgrade to ) This is the first time I tried to connect it to my IMac

regards

Anney

getting failed filter message when trying to print to OKI C511dn from Imac OS Monterey 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.