📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound when text message received - iPhone 14 Pro Max

Hello,

My brand new iPhone 14 Pro Max does not make any sound when text message is received. I tried everything everyone suggested on the internet net. From checking the notifications settings, silent toggle, Reset, restart, switching bluetooth on/off, and other suggestions. Nothing helped. I am assuming this is a software issue, since its not only me who is having this problem. Can some please tell me if apple actually looking into this and maybe planning to roll out a software update with this fix. Its becoming annoying. Some suggest turning the bluetooth off. Why would I turn the bluetooth off if everything around iPhone works with bluetooth (headset, watch, car radio....)

Apple support please give a good answer. If this keeps happening I guess I will have to go and return it and get a new iphone.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 9:23 PM

2 replies

Oct 31, 2022 12:14 PM in response to jovajon

Hello jovajon,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. Wee see you've tried quite a few things. Let's rule out all other possibilities and see if we can resolve this.

1. Check to make sure you have no Focus settings enabled. - Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support
  2. Make sure you are full updated to the latest version of iOS which is 16.1 - Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If issues persist or these didn't help, and if this is happening with all of your contacts, it may be best to reach out to Apple Support.

Apple Support

Cheers!

No sound when text message received - iPhone 14 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.