Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iphone SE and I want to know whether it is 2nd generation or third. I can look at the serial number and nodel and IMEI but the Model info just says iPhone SE and it does not go deeper. The Version is iOS 16.1.

I have an iphone SE and I want to know whether it is 2nd generation or third. I can look at the serial number and nodel and IMEI but the Model info just says iPhone SE and it does not go deeper. The Version is iOS 16.1.

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 10:37 PM

You might find the model number in Settings > General > About which is also mentioned in the support document Find the model number of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

From there you can use the Identify your iPhone model page to find your iPhone. Be sure to touch on the label Model Number to reveal something like A2595, which is the US model number for the iPhone SE (3rd generation) - or A2275 being the 2nd Generation in the US.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 10:37 PM in response to Mary-Me11

You might find the model number in Settings > General > About which is also mentioned in the support document Find the model number of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

From there you can use the Identify your iPhone model page to find your iPhone. Be sure to touch on the label Model Number to reveal something like A2595, which is the US model number for the iPhone SE (3rd generation) - or A2275 being the 2nd Generation in the US.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.