Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2014 as a monitor for MacBook Pro 2018

Please how do I use imac 2014 as a second monitor for MacBook Pro 2018. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 11:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 11:34 PM

Please refer to Target Display Mode (Target Display Mode). However it may or may not work depending on the version of Mac OS installed on the 2018 MBP. My recommendation is to simply buy an external display which is much more reliable then Target Display Mode ever was, easier to setup and believe it or not not as expensive as you think because Target Display Mode requires expensive cabling to be done.

Please remember that Macs are computers they are NOT designed to be external displays for other devices!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 11:34 PM in response to nia_i

Please refer to Target Display Mode (Target Display Mode). However it may or may not work depending on the version of Mac OS installed on the 2018 MBP. My recommendation is to simply buy an external display which is much more reliable then Target Display Mode ever was, easier to setup and believe it or not not as expensive as you think because Target Display Mode requires expensive cabling to be done.

Please remember that Macs are computers they are NOT designed to be external displays for other devices!

iMac 2014 as a monitor for MacBook Pro 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.