Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo mark up text back to front

I recently updated to Ventura. I am trying to add text via Mark Up in Photos the same way I always have, but the text keeps coming up back to front?? UPDATE - Bit weird, but I continued typing my text 'backwards' and when I had finished I clicked back on the text box and it switches the text back around to read normally ??

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 1:04 AM

18 replies

Nov 29, 2022 1:31 PM in response to Scott-he-him

I tried your "Option/Move" workaround, but it did nothing for me. Thanks for sharing, though: All attempts at bug repair are appreciated. I have registered this bug at www.apple.com/feedback for their consideration.

By the way, this bug seems to be specific to my iMac (OS Ventura 13.0.1); could not duplicate it with Photos>Edit>Markup on my iPad or iPhone.

It seems to be specific to Preview>Edit>Markup>Text, not Photos>Markup>Text. At least in my experience.

Oct 29, 2022 2:03 AM in response to Ali M

Hello,

I found a way to correct the issue but I am not exactly sure how I did it. I am going to explain what I think fixed it. If this doesn't work, for you, let me know. I will reply with more detail.

I was using Preview rather than Photos at the time. I added a text box using Markup then added text. The text was backward and upside down. Next, I held down Option while moving the text box. After I did that, the text returned to normal orientation.

This seemed to correct it going forward in both Photos and Preview.

I hope this helps.

Nov 8, 2022 9:46 AM in response to Ali M

I had exactly the same issue. I selected a photo in Apple Photos. I went to Edit, then Markup, then selected the text box tool. The word "Text" appears in the box. I put my cursor in the box, then started typing. The text appeared upside down, with letters running from right to left. When I clicked outside the text box, my text flipped into the correct position. I did not touch the option key. Very annoying problem.

Photo mark up text back to front

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.