Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I added money to my account balance, it works for app store purchases, but not in app purchases

Add two gift cards to my apple account. I can use these funds for purchases in the App Store and in Apple TV, but they return an error "Your purchase could not be completed" when trying to make an in app purchase. Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 8:54 AM

See -> How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

When redeeming a gift card, the amount will be credited to your (1) Apple ID balance and (2) you need to set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

(1)

See -> Check your Apple ID balance

Check your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

(2)

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

Click here for more support and assistance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2022 8:54 AM in response to pojome

See -> How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

When redeeming a gift card, the amount will be credited to your (1) Apple ID balance and (2) you need to set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

(1)

See -> Check your Apple ID balance

Check your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

(2)

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

Oct 29, 2022 10:27 AM in response to pojome

and return the above error message.

Do you mean -> error "Your purchase could not be completed" ?

If so, If you get a message -> Your purchase could not be completed, you need to update your payment method or add a new one

See also the following Apple articles:

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

I added money to my account balance, it works for app store purchases, but not in app purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.