Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t Delete Apple Watch from Health App Device List

I tried deleting my Apple Watch as a source from my Health App (had the duplicate watch issue with no fitness updates from watch to phone). After clicking delete all data, the watch remains and my fitness app still isn’t updating. Is there any way to fix this?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 9:48 AM

1 reply

Oct 31, 2022 5:54 PM in response to Drew-222

Greetings, Drew-222!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you want to remove your Apple Watch from being used in your Health app. Is that correct? If so, we recommend that you check out the steps in the link below in the section titled "Prioritize data sources."

Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Here's how to choose the sources that Health uses first:

1) Open the Health app, then tap the Browse tab.
2) Tap a category, then tap a subcategory.
3) Scroll down, then tap Data Sources & Access.
4) Tap Edit.
5) Touch and hold the Change Order button  next to a data source, then drag it up or down in the list. 
6) To turn off a data source so that it doesn't contribute any more data for that category, tap the checkmark next to the source.
7) Tap Done.

If multiple sources contribute the same data type, then the data source at the top will take priority over other sources. Any new apps or devices that you add go to the top of the list automatically, above your iPhone or iPod touch. 

The reason why we are recommending the steps above is because they will show you how to prioritize data sources in the Health app.

If you’re still experiencing the same issue, contact the community for more help.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Can’t Delete Apple Watch from Health App Device List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.