Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my printer quit working after the upgrade to Ventura. How can I go back to a previous version like Catalina?

my printer quit working after the upgrade to Ventura. How can I go back to a previous version like Catalina?

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 10:53 AM

Your better path would be to visit your printer manufacturer’s website and check for updated driver software that supports Ventura. Try that first. You can also try resetting Ventura’s print system and adding your printer back in. That will force the downloading of the latest drivers for it from Apple.

As for downgrading back to a previous version of macOS that’s no easy task unless you have a Time Machine backup previous to the Ventura upgrade.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2022 10:53 AM in response to regent2019

Your better path would be to visit your printer manufacturer’s website and check for updated driver software that supports Ventura. Try that first. You can also try resetting Ventura’s print system and adding your printer back in. That will force the downloading of the latest drivers for it from Apple.

As for downgrading back to a previous version of macOS that’s no easy task unless you have a Time Machine backup previous to the Ventura upgrade.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.