Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music

i recently switched back to apple music and songs on my playlist show up as unavailable. but when i search them up and click on them they play. only when added to a playlist they are greyed out. has this happened for any of you? if so how do i fix it

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 1:55 PM

4 replies

Nov 1, 2022 10:53 AM in response to cosiadj

Hi cosiadj,

We see you're posting from the If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library resource. We have a few questions that will help clarify things so we can point you in the right direction:

Which device and OS version are you using?

Does this happen with certain playlists or all playlists including newly created ones?

If you add a song to your library without moving it to a playlist does it work properly?

Does restarting your device help at all? This can sometimes clear up minor software issues.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Take Care.

Nov 4, 2022 9:26 AM in response to urohog

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback   -

Nov 4, 2022 7:43 AM in response to cosiadj

I have noticed this as well. Some are songs that I have had for years and some are Apple Music songs added in the recent past. They are not available to play on my playlist but when I search for them I can play them without issue. When I add them to the playlist again they are still unavailable.

I have restarted my device a few times (iPhone 13 Pro Max on latest iOS 16.1). This is also happening on my iMac using Apple Music (on Ventura 13.0)

Happens on old and new playlists - tried to create one and it will not allow me to add the song (tried "Off he goes" by Pearl Jam to no avail - plays when you search for it but not when you add to playlist)

Seems like a glitch rather than a content / location restriction as they play stand-alone but not when on a playlist.

Apple, please help! I have worked really hard to build a lot of playlists and would like to access them. We pay a decent amount monthly for this service - please fix this issue!

Apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.