Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app Mac OS 13

I have understood that there is supposed to be a duplicates heading on the left side of the screen, by clicking at your supposed to be able to merge the duplicates. I have updated photos to the latest version. There is no duplicates folder, showing up, and in fact the screen doesn’t look any different to me than it did before upgrading to Ventura.

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 8:43 AM

I have updated photos to the latest version.

It can take several hours for Photos to scan the Library, compare all the pictures to each other, and put them in a folder near Recents and Imports and such. If the folder hasn't appeared in a day, get back to us.

3 replies

Oct 30, 2022 9:04 AM in response to theo1707

The Duplicates album should appear automatically, once your photos have been scanned for duplicates, as Richard Tailor has already pointed out.

Just keep Photos running over night and the Mac connected to power, if it is a portable Mac.

Even for one of my small test libraries with just two photos (duplicates) it took more than a day for the Duplicates album to appear in the sidebar. It does not seem to work at all, if the photos are referenced outside the library and not copied into the Photos Library on import..

Remove duplicate photos in Photos on Mac - Apple Support (BH)

Photos app Mac OS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.