Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple News is EXTREMELY slow!

I receive Apple News as an email and for the past several weeks, or more, it takes forever to open. It's almost like my screen is frozen. Then once open it is painful just to scroll through each article, it's so slow.

Any ideas??

1080p,

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 12:55 PM

Hello Spart98,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with Apple News being slow on your Mac. Is this occurring in the Safari Browser, or in the Mail app itself? We want to make sure we provide the correct guidance.

Try the steps listed here to see if they resolve the issue: If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

"Quit and reopen the app

Quit the app, then open it again. If the app won't quit, force the app to quit. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

Restart your Mac

Restart your Mac. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

Check for updates

To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, then click Updates. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your Mac. Or if you didn't get the app from the App Store, look for updates to the app on the app developer's website. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

Reinstall the app

Delete the app. When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. If you didn't get the app from the App Store, redownload the app on the app developer's website. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

Get more help

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 12:55 PM in response to Spart98

Hello Spart98,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with Apple News being slow on your Mac. Is this occurring in the Safari Browser, or in the Mail app itself? We want to make sure we provide the correct guidance.

Try the steps listed here to see if they resolve the issue: If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

"Quit and reopen the app

Quit the app, then open it again. If the app won't quit, force the app to quit. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

Restart your Mac

Restart your Mac. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

Check for updates

To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, then click Updates. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your Mac. Or if you didn't get the app from the App Store, look for updates to the app on the app developer's website. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

Reinstall the app

Delete the app. When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. If you didn't get the app from the App Store, redownload the app on the app developer's website. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

Get more help

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Nov 4, 2022 7:00 AM in response to Spart98

Hey Spart98,

Happy to hear that did the trick! Take a look at these steps to remove unwanted login items that load when the Mac starts: Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac - Apple Support.  If the windows were Safari windows, you can change the settings as outlined here to prevent Safari windows from reopening after the Mac restarts: Control which windows Safari reopens on Mac - Apple Support.

Cheers!

Nov 4, 2022 4:57 AM in response to K_Faith

K_Faith,

Thanks so much for your help! The simple idea of shutting down solved my problem. I was working on a MacBook Pro. I never really shut it down but I will do this occasionally. For some reason when it started back up there were a bunch of windows that appeared that I had no idea were open?

Thanks again!!

Apple News is EXTREMELY slow!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.