Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create multiple pages?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 3:11 PM

Numbers creates pages only when you are printing, or preparing to print a document.

Pressing command-P opens the Print preparation window. This window displays an image of your document, divided into the pages that will print under your current print settings.

Here's an example.

The document shown was created as a workspace for answering a recent question here. It contains six small tables. not all dealing with the same question. Note that one of the tables is split between two pages. If I were actually printing this, I would need to move the second set of tables to the right, far enough to place the whole set on the second page (and to centre the group on that page.

Unfortunately, Numbers does not support that action in this view of the document see the result.

If you are not printing the Numbers document, the closest you can come to creating new "Pages" is creating new Sections.

These are similar to 'pages' of a book or a notepad in that you can 'turn' the pages/sections to see the next one. They differ from physical pages in that they can extend in width and height as needed to accommodate the table(s) or other objects placed on them. The one shown above has expanded horizontally to accommodate the two sets of small tables.

New Sheets may be added to the document at will, using the + button to the left of the tab for the current sheet.

Click the button, and a new sheet is added. The default name of that sheet is "Sheet" followed by the lowest available integer, in thes case, 2, and focus is automatically transferred to the new sheet.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 3:11 PM in response to MTK777

Numbers creates pages only when you are printing, or preparing to print a document.

Pressing command-P opens the Print preparation window. This window displays an image of your document, divided into the pages that will print under your current print settings.

Here's an example.

The document shown was created as a workspace for answering a recent question here. It contains six small tables. not all dealing with the same question. Note that one of the tables is split between two pages. If I were actually printing this, I would need to move the second set of tables to the right, far enough to place the whole set on the second page (and to centre the group on that page.

Unfortunately, Numbers does not support that action in this view of the document see the result.

If you are not printing the Numbers document, the closest you can come to creating new "Pages" is creating new Sections.

These are similar to 'pages' of a book or a notepad in that you can 'turn' the pages/sections to see the next one. They differ from physical pages in that they can extend in width and height as needed to accommodate the table(s) or other objects placed on them. The one shown above has expanded horizontally to accommodate the two sets of small tables.

New Sheets may be added to the document at will, using the + button to the left of the tab for the current sheet.

Click the button, and a new sheet is added. The default name of that sheet is "Sheet" followed by the lowest available integer, in thes case, 2, and focus is automatically transferred to the new sheet.

Regards,

Barry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.