Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro Max - Overheating issues

Hi, I recently purchased an IPhone 14 Pro Max and it overheats (gets too warm) whenever I charge it or use the camera. I’ve already attempted most of the suggested troubleshooting but it still overheats?

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 12:34 PM

Hey kathrine71,

To clarify, have you taken a look over possible reasons for a warmer than expected iPhone here?

Additionally, are you using the charging cable that came with the iPhone to charge it?

Let us know some additional details and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 12:34 PM in response to kathrine71

Hey kathrine71,

To clarify, have you taken a look over possible reasons for a warmer than expected iPhone here?

Additionally, are you using the charging cable that came with the iPhone to charge it?

Let us know some additional details and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

Dec 11, 2022 3:56 AM in response to DerekM87

Hi DerekM87,

Yes, I’ve had a look at that article and it wasn’t much of a help.

I’m also using the charging cable that came with the phone.

The phone always overheats whenever I charge it, even though I don’t use it while it’s charging. It would also overheat to the point that it’s sometimes TOO HOT to touch. It would also heat up when I use FaceTime and the heat is always next to the camera (I assume that’s where the battery is?)

I tried all the troubleshooting, restarted my iPhone, turned off always on display etc.

I really need to know how I can fix this or if it’s best for me to take it to the nearest Apple Store to have it looked at.

iPhone 14 Pro Max - Overheating issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.