Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pegasus RAID won't mount after updating to Ventura

I recently updated to Mac OS Ventura 13.0

Today is the first time I turned on my Pegasus2 R8 (32TB) drive since updating and it will not mount. It does show in the system report for the thunderbolt port.

I downloaded and installed the Pegasus DriverKit but when I try to run that, I get an error "Awaiting approval. Please enable the Pegasus DriverKit extension in the Security & Privacy menu located in System Preferences to proceed."

However, the Pegasus DriverKit does not show up anywhere in Security and Privacy and it is not listened under Extensions.

Please help! Not only do I have a ton of project files on this drive, I'm under the gun on an edit and I can't work on anything if I can't access this drive.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 7:29 AM

ok, so I found out where to enable the Pegasus DriverKit extension. It is NOT in an obvious location.

In Privacy & Security, right below where it says "Allow applications downloaded from" and right above "FileVault", there was small section that simply said something like "there is system software installed that needs your attention". It didn't mention Pegasus DriverKit or anything specific. And when I clicked on that, it then showed the Pegasus DriverKit with a toggle switch. As soon as I clicked on that switch my drive mounted.

I'm relieved that it is working but it would be nice if it was more obvious. The whole System Settings panel has a completely different layout in Ventura and it would have been nice if this "extension" was actually under the Added Extensions tab.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 7:29 AM in response to macambassador

ok, so I found out where to enable the Pegasus DriverKit extension. It is NOT in an obvious location.

In Privacy & Security, right below where it says "Allow applications downloaded from" and right above "FileVault", there was small section that simply said something like "there is system software installed that needs your attention". It didn't mention Pegasus DriverKit or anything specific. And when I clicked on that, it then showed the Pegasus DriverKit with a toggle switch. As soon as I clicked on that switch my drive mounted.

I'm relieved that it is working but it would be nice if it was more obvious. The whole System Settings panel has a completely different layout in Ventura and it would have been nice if this "extension" was actually under the Added Extensions tab.

Pegasus RAID won't mount after updating to Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.