Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kenwood car stereo : CarPlay worked in the past, no longer working

I have been using Apply CarPlay with my iPhone 12 max pro for a few years now, everything seemed to be working fine. If I just plugged in the phone and did nothing, generally the speakers would flip from using my headset to using the car speakers and whatever app I was using would display on the car screen (spotify, podcast, etc). Within the last month, however, it is no longer working correctly :

• i plug the iPhone into the USB and the "Apple CarPlay" icon appears
  • I click on the CarPlay icon and the screen on the Kenwood display goes black
  • The iPhone screen indicates that the phone is charging, sound from the iPhone continues to play over my headset instead of on the car speakers

Is anybody aware of anything that has happened over the past few weeks (new updates???) that might have hosed up the phone's ability to connect???

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 2:18 PM

Every new iOS update could do that - check with Kenwood if they offer updates.

Your profile is showing iOS15 but if it is 15.7 it could have received such a change.

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 31, 2022 8:12 AM in response to LD150

It appears that you are correct ... I checked for software updates and they actually had the option of bumping up to iOS 16 (along with another 15.x update) ... so I went ahead and did that one. Short answer : the problem no longer exists.

VERY annoying that the interface is so fragile! I want to be able to use my device (iPhone) as the source regardless of where I need to use it, now I know it can be 'lost' anytime.

Kenwood car stereo : CarPlay worked in the past, no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.