Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight preview pane in Ventura

Since I upgraded to Ventura, the Spotlight Preview pane has disappeared. All I get is a list of hits. If I click on one it opens. If it navigate to it with the cursor keys and hit Tab, the cursor jumps back to the search line.

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 12:30 PM

Feel free to send Apple feedback about the change.

Feedback - macOS - Apple

3 replies

Oct 31, 2022 4:49 AM in response to Boat Guy

Yes, I've noticed this too.

Apparently, you're supposed to use the space bar, which brings up a Quick Look preview window.

While this is OK if all you want to do is see a preview of an image (which I almost never do), it's not very helpful for the main use I have for Spotlight, which is to open an application and then choose the actual document.

Previously, all I had to do was cmd-space Sc enter tab and I had a list of Scrivener documents, which I could choose with the down arrow in the way nature intended.

Now it's cmd-spc Sc enter down-arrow space and use the stupid mouse to have to pick a document because the QuickView window doesn't get the focus.

This is not helpful – the whole point of Spotlight is that you don't have to waste time using the mouse, so why cripple the feature in this way?

Spotlight preview pane in Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.