Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do upgrade of iOS from iOS 12.5.5 to 12.5.6 and i lost all my data

I do upgrade of phone iOS from 12.5.5 to 12.5.6 and i lost all my data

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 3:22 PM

Do you have a backup created on your computer or on iCloud before you lost your data? If YES, then you can 👉 Restore your iPhone from a backup.

If you used iCloud for Photos, Messages, Contacts, Calendars etc, then that information will be recovered as soon as you log in on your iPhone with your Apple ID.

If you do not have a backup OR do not use iCloud for Photos, Messages, Contacts etc, then you may have lost your data permanently.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 3:22 PM in response to ade449

Do you have a backup created on your computer or on iCloud before you lost your data? If YES, then you can 👉 Restore your iPhone from a backup.

If you used iCloud for Photos, Messages, Contacts, Calendars etc, then that information will be recovered as soon as you log in on your iPhone with your Apple ID.

If you do not have a backup OR do not use iCloud for Photos, Messages, Contacts etc, then you may have lost your data permanently.

Axel F.

I do upgrade of iOS from iOS 12.5.5 to 12.5.6 and i lost all my data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.