Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOs update

System keeps on telling me I can’t update because I am not connected to the internet, but I am. 🤦‍♀️ How can this be solved?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 4:27 PM

km_27 Said:

"iOs update: System keeps on telling me I can’t update because I am not connected to the internet, but I am. How can this be solved?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Updates:

A. About Internet Connections:

Just because you are connected to WiFi doesn’t mean you are connected to the Internet. Note that you might be using internal services. Or it could be that Screen Time is getting in the way.

B. So, Update Using a Computer:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 4:27 PM in response to km_27

km_27 Said:

"iOs update: System keeps on telling me I can’t update because I am not connected to the internet, but I am. How can this be solved?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Updates:

A. About Internet Connections:

Just because you are connected to WiFi doesn’t mean you are connected to the Internet. Note that you might be using internal services. Or it could be that Screen Time is getting in the way.

B. So, Update Using a Computer:

Oct 30, 2022 5:21 PM in response to km_27

km_27 wrote:

I don’t have any sir. I’ve been trying to update since yesterday. Tried different internet connections that are working, but still get the error.

Was an iPhone restart forced?

If so, use a computer to perform the update: Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

iOs update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.