Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE ID - Changing emails used when MacBook is STOLEN?

My MacBook Pro was stolen. "Find My" is on, but I have chosen to erase the data remotely should it ever get online. For now it is pending. It should be pretty difficult to get past my verifications, so I am not sure it will every be opened..

MY QUESTION: Is it a safe idea to change the email address associated with my Apple ID? Is my ID compromised? And if I do change the email, will it make my stolen MacBook Pro more vulnerable for someone to access if the email addresses are not the same? I really do not want anyone accessing my stolen MacBook.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 9:54 AM

Curious1028 wrote:

My MacBook Pro was stolen. "Find My" is on, but I have chosen to erase the data remotely should it ever get online. For now it is pending. It should be pretty difficult to get past my verifications, so I am not sure it will every be opened..

MY QUESTION: Is it a safe idea to change the email address associated with my Apple ID? Is my ID compromised? And if I do change the email, will it make my stolen MacBook Pro more vulnerable for someone to access if the email addresses are not the same? I really do not want anyone accessing my stolen MacBook.

Thanks!

Hmmm... Not sure why you would want to start changing AppleID contact info until you resolve your problem number 1.

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 9:54 AM in response to Curious1028

Curious1028 wrote:

Thanks!

Hmmm... Not sure why you would want to start changing AppleID contact info until you resolve your problem number 1.

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

APPLE ID - Changing emails used when MacBook is STOLEN?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.