Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I download IOS 16.1? It says i don’t have enough storage for it, but I clearly do. How can i fix this?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 9:27 PM

No you do not have enough available storage to Download and Install the iOS update. As you can see that the total available space on your iPhone is 3.7 GB. Out of which, 3.1GB is used to download the iOS update file. This leaves a balance of 0.6GB. You need 1.83GB of available storage space (after the download) to install the iOS update. This is the reason you are getting the low storage space notification.

Free up at least 6GB - 8GB of storage space on your iPhone and then try the update process again.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 9:27 PM in response to bdtl

No you do not have enough available storage to Download and Install the iOS update. As you can see that the total available space on your iPhone is 3.7 GB. Out of which, 3.1GB is used to download the iOS update file. This leaves a balance of 0.6GB. You need 1.83GB of available storage space (after the download) to install the iOS update. This is the reason you are getting the low storage space notification.

Free up at least 6GB - 8GB of storage space on your iPhone and then try the update process again.

Axel F.

Why can’t I download IOS 16.1? It says i don’t have enough storage for it, but I clearly do. How can i fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.