Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working : Mac not showing on iPhone

I have an iPhone 12 iOS 14.6 with Wifi and Bluetooth enabled and "everyone" selected in AirDrop.

I have a Macbook pro M1 2020 iOS Monterey 12.5 on same wifi network, bluetooth enabled and "everyone" selected in AirDrop. Firewall is also turned off.

On the Mac I can see the iPhone in AirDrop, but I cannot see the Mac on the phone.

Why and how do I fix it ?!

I tried disabling and enabling everything possible, but to no avail - the Macbook simply does not want to show up on the iPhone...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 8:10 AM

Olin62 wrote:

I have an iPhone 12 iOS 14.6 with Wifi and Bluetooth enabled and "everyone" selected in AirDrop.

I have a Macbook pro M1 2020 iOS Monterey 12.5 on same wifi network, bluetooth enabled and "everyone" selected in AirDrop. Firewall is also turned off.

On the Mac I can see the iPhone in AirDrop, but I cannot see the Mac on the phone.

I tried disabling and enabling everything possible, but to no avail - the Macbook simply does not want to show up on the iPhone...

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 16.1

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support current stable release including bug fixes of your Monterey 12.6.1 (October 24, 2022)

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 8:10 AM in response to Olin62

Olin62 wrote:

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 16.1

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support current stable release including bug fixes of your Monterey 12.6.1 (October 24, 2022)

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Airdrop not working : Mac not showing on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.