Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing VHS from a SCART VIDEO RECORDER

Hello

I have various old VHS tapes and a very good Panasonic Super VHS recorder. The only output is SCART and I bought a DIGITNOW USB AC/SCART GRABBER from Amazon.

The Grabber doesn't seem to work with my MACPRO 2013 connecting it to the USB ports, nor with the PowerbookAir 2017 or the MacBookPro 2017 (which has only USBC ports, and I used adaptors from USBC to USB3).

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to import these hundred of video tapes in Mac Mojave, given I have 4 Macs of various kind I can use.

I am unwilling to update to Catalina and following Systems as I have far to many applications and data which do not work with the newer system.

PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST ME TO UPDATE CAUSE >I DID IT AND IT TURNED OUT DISASTER FOR ME.

These tapes are extremely important and tqking them to a shop will cost me a fortune.

Regards and thanks for any suggestion you will give.

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 2:19 PM

Thanks for your time however the SCART plug while analogical is not similar to the RCA adaptors you kindly suggest.

BUBut I was able to lend an importer from a friend using Windows. The magic result is that it doesn't work with any machine but my decrepit and beloved MACBOOKPRO 13 late 2011. This machine has it all DVD, Firewire 800, USB and more.

This machine sees in the USB the Video importer as "AV to USB2" which will be perfectly fine for me.

Now the problem is the software. PREMIERE doesn't capture anything from USB.

Does any other software for EL capitan will be able to capture from USB?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 2:19 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for your time however the SCART plug while analogical is not similar to the RCA adaptors you kindly suggest.

BUBut I was able to lend an importer from a friend using Windows. The magic result is that it doesn't work with any machine but my decrepit and beloved MACBOOKPRO 13 late 2011. This machine has it all DVD, Firewire 800, USB and more.

This machine sees in the USB the Video importer as "AV to USB2" which will be perfectly fine for me.

Now the problem is the software. PREMIERE doesn't capture anything from USB.

Does any other software for EL capitan will be able to capture from USB?

Importing VHS from a SCART VIDEO RECORDER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.