how to install itunes on mac ventura

How can i re-install iTunes on my Mac.

It has been updates to the Mac Ventura 13.0

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 9:58 PM

I have OS Ventura 13.6 but when I try to install iTunes say "This update requires macOS version 10.13.99 or earlier".

but my OS is updated.

How I can fix this problem?

62 replies

Dec 1, 2023 2:56 AM in response to ELgracie

I really do not understand...I was using iTunes for back upping, Ventura is now blocking me to use an old backup because doesn't allow the use of some version of iTunes...it is unbelievable!!!

I know that I can continue by using a direct backup un my computer, but this action is not robust, because the problem will be also in the future when I will change my Mac...probably I will move move to Microsoft...

Mar 17, 2023 7:13 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Jimzgoldfinch sez:

If retroactive does not allow iTunes to work properly, then it is up to them to fix the problem. Like it or not, you should consider using the music app which has been designed for MacOS Catalina or newer.

I totally agree it's up to those working on Retroactive to fix the problem. Hopefully they will soon, because in going through the issues reported, many have similar issues to what I'm having.

I have tried the music app. Many times. Which is but one reason I want to use iTunes:

• Many think iTunes got overbloated over time. I...don't see it that way. I much prefer using a single app to manage music and podcasts rather than have to drag and drop in one place and then sync in another. I prefer one central app.
  • My iPod Classic (hacked with 384 gigabytes of storage) is my main way of listening to music at work, while walking, in transit, etc. (I would require an entire forum dedicated to the reasons I hate listening to music over my phone and having my music, videos, pictures, apps, etc. fight for space with each other.) The way iTunes works, I can plug my iPod into my iMac in my home office and listen to the latest podcasts while I work, without having to put on headphones and ergo not hear other sounds I might need to hear. I have not found a way to plug the iPod into the iMac and listen to stuff right off of it without iTunes.
  • Having said that, I did find that the speakers I use with my iMac have an aux port, so if I can just plug the iPod into the speakers that way and have a decent sound balance, then the previous bullet point is moot.
  • And if that works, I will gradually wean my way off iTunes and just deal with the clunky Music interface, opening another app to sync podcasts, and put up with how the macOS Podcasts app is absolute garbage when it comes to keeping podcasts up to date properly. I tried that thing. If I were paid based on the number of times it refused to download new episodes, kept reloading me with old ones at random times, and just plain randomly unsubscribed me, I could buy Apple and make them bring iTunes back.

Aug 11, 2023 8:52 AM in response to ELgracie

There’s an alternate way to install iTunes on MacOS 11+

The explanation and links provided here are for Apple Silicon devices.

Please note that this procedure undermines your device security, thus advised to use for no longer than needed.

What we do is to temporarily disable System Integrity Protection (SIP), install iTunes, and re-enable it after use.

1. Enter Recovery Mode
  2. Disable System Integrity Protection
  3. Install and use iTunes
  4. Re-enable System Integrity Protection

Jan 20, 2024 6:03 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

That would be a fine and dandy solution if I was able to easily transfer my iTunes library over, but it's looking like that's impossible, which makes my shiny new laptop worthless.

The separation of apps is the worst thing Apple has ever done. It was already bad when they started "reducing bloat" by making the program less functional, but getting rid of it entirely is a decision which should have led to everyone involved being fired and blacklisted from tech permanently.

I posted my own question regarding this absolutely ridiculous situation:

"I've just bought a MacBook Air, and need to figure out how to move my iTunes library from my Windows computer over. My library is more than 1TB, it has over 1000 playlists, and every single thing is synced to my phone through it, it's backed up through my computer (the backup is ~100GB). I almost exclusively use my laptop for the purpose of managing my phone, and as my old laptop was around 10 years old I needed to upgrade, and thought that moving my laptop to the same digital ecosystem would be a good idea. Apparently not, as it appears that I cannot use it for the sole purpose for which I need it.

I have tried Retroactive, but the library version is too recent for it to work. I have tried porting in my playlists, but it didn't copy in my music and instead tried to download it all (it's on an external hard drive as the library is too big to have it on my laptop).

Please help, it's looking like I spent $1500 for a useless paperweight."

how to install itunes on mac ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.