Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming ipad to tv

My ipad just says "Error cannot connect to your (device name). When trying to stream from ipad to TV

My smart TV is a Sony about 1 year old. My Ipad is also one year old

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 1:17 PM

Network streaming issues are often caused by the WiFi Router unexpectedly blocking some local network protocols. A restart of the WiFi Router - followed by a restart if your iPad - may help.

To restart your router, disconnect power from the router for at least 30 seconds - then reconnect power to restart. After your router reboots (which may take several minutes), force restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 1:17 PM in response to ggwcpa

Network streaming issues are often caused by the WiFi Router unexpectedly blocking some local network protocols. A restart of the WiFi Router - followed by a restart if your iPad - may help.

To restart your router, disconnect power from the router for at least 30 seconds - then reconnect power to restart. After your router reboots (which may take several minutes), force restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Streaming ipad to tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.