Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 16.1 BUGS

My phone cant connect to Wifi AT ALL. Also my apps keep crashing since I've updated to 16.1. Anyone got any fixes?

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 3:06 PM

If Wi-Fi will not connect 

·      Reset the router to factory settings (menu or paper clip) – even if all other devices connect OK!

·      On iphone Settings, General, Transfer iphone or reset, reset, reset network settings

·      If you have a VPN you are strongly recommended to uninstall it and its profile in Settings, General, VPN and device management

Also Settings, Privacy & Security, Location services, Systems services, turn off Networking & wireless and see if it helps.

Also see Check VPN to resolve problems and connectivity issues

Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues - Apple Support

Here's some more steps you can try for Wi-Fi connection issues that may be helpful if your phone will not connect to WiFi

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 3:06 PM in response to ella_23

If Wi-Fi will not connect 

·      Reset the router to factory settings (menu or paper clip) – even if all other devices connect OK!

·      On iphone Settings, General, Transfer iphone or reset, reset, reset network settings

·      If you have a VPN you are strongly recommended to uninstall it and its profile in Settings, General, VPN and device management

Also Settings, Privacy & Security, Location services, Systems services, turn off Networking & wireless and see if it helps.

Also see Check VPN to resolve problems and connectivity issues

Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues - Apple Support

Here's some more steps you can try for Wi-Fi connection issues that may be helpful if your phone will not connect to WiFi

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network – Apple Support (UK)

Nov 4, 2022 10:15 AM in response to ella_23

After I update my Apple TV to 16.1 it drops Wifi 1-4 times a minute. It loses wifi for about 1-10 seconds. 

Same thing happened on my iPhone 12 pro max after update.

On iPhone I was able to solve the problem with this fix.

* 1. Open Settings and scroll for Privacy & Security.

* 2. Tap on Location Services (they should be turned ON).

* 3. Scroll all the way down to System Services.

* 4. Turn OFF Networking & Wireless.

But can't find any solution for Apple TV.

IOS 16.1 BUGS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.