Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My smart battery charging case is flashing an orange light and not charging.

My smart battery charging case is showing a flashing orange light and not charging? How to fix it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 12:48 AM

1 reply

Nov 3, 2022 9:14 AM in response to Mac5556

Hello Mac5556,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. To help troubleshoot the Smart Battery Case, we recommend to follow these steps:

If your Smart Battery Case won't charge or charges slowly

Follow these steps. Try to charge again after each step:

1. Unplug your Lightning to USB cable from power, and then plug it back in.

2. If your iPhone is attached to the case, remove the case. Then try to charge your iPhone and your
case separately.

3. If you have a film, sticker, or label on the back of your iPhone, remove it.

4. Reattach your case.

If you’re using a Qi-certified wireless charging mat to charge the Smart Battery Case for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR, make sure that there’s nothing between the case and the wireless charging mat. Also, center the Apple logo—on the back of the Smart Battery Case—on the charging mat. Or place your iPhone where the manufacturer recommends. 

Following these steps can help and are outlined in this helpful article for you to reference: Charge your iPhone with your Smart Battery Case - Apple Support

Best regards.

My smart battery charging case is flashing an orange light and not charging.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.