You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

I can’t seem to upload any of my photos to my Apple Watch. And I can’t seem to create a watch face with photos which is what I would prefer over the options they give me

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 12:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 8:30 AM

I'm not sure what you've done. Here's what I did: I set Photos on my Mac to sync with iCloud. Then In Photos I made an album named "For Watch" and put the pictures I wanted to see in there. On my iPhone's Watch app, in Photos, I turned on "Photo Syncing." I set the "Sync Album" to "For Watch" like on my Mac. I also set how many pictures to transfer to my watch. Now when I use the Photos app on the watch itself, I can see the pictures I chose on my Mac.

Also in the Watch app, in "Face Gallery" I found a face called Photos. I chose that as one of the faces I could sort through on my watch. That face shows those same pictures that I chose on my Mac.

You can even create your own face with a photo. Check here for some ideas:

View photos and Memories on Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2022 8:30 AM in response to Kylekeogh

I'm not sure what you've done. Here's what I did: I set Photos on my Mac to sync with iCloud. Then In Photos I made an album named "For Watch" and put the pictures I wanted to see in there. On my iPhone's Watch app, in Photos, I turned on "Photo Syncing." I set the "Sync Album" to "For Watch" like on my Mac. I also set how many pictures to transfer to my watch. Now when I use the Photos app on the watch itself, I can see the pictures I chose on my Mac.

Also in the Watch app, in "Face Gallery" I found a face called Photos. I chose that as one of the faces I could sort through on my watch. That face shows those same pictures that I chose on my Mac.

You can even create your own face with a photo. Check here for some ideas:

View photos and Memories on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.