Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud+ storage plan not showing

Hi, I would like to ask why my icloud storage plan is not showing for 50GB? I recently purchased wrong plan which is 200GB and I would to downgrade it. But the option for 50GB is not showing.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 4:58 AM

5 replies

Nov 2, 2022 5:58 PM in response to ntsh_fz

Hey ntsh_fz,

Looks like you need help downgrading your iCloud storage plan. Looking at your current storage, if you were to downgrade to the 50 GB plan, your storage would nearly be full and you might run into issues backing up or syncing with your devices with such little space available. We'd recommend sticking with the current plan for the best experience, however if you do decide to free up some space on your iCloud storage and downgrade to the 50 GB plan, keep in mind the following:

"What happens when you downgrade or cancel iCloud+

• If your iCloud storage exceeds your new storage plan capacity, iCloud won't sync or update your information. iCloud updates again when you increase your storage capacity or delete information to make more space. 
  • If you downgrade to the free iCloud plan, you will no longer have access to iCloud+ features like Hide My Email, Private Relay, and HomeKit Secure Video support.
  • If you pay for both Apple One and an iCloud+ plan, you can downgrade or cancel the iCloud+ plan and just use the iCloud+ plan included in Apple One."

With all that info in mind, if not seeing the option you're looking for, be sure you're completing the following steps:

"How to downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap iCloud.
  4. Tap Manage Account Storage or Manage Storage.

Manage Account Storage is towards the top of iCloud settings.

5. Tap Change Storage Plan.

Change Storage Plan is below the Share With Family button.

6. Tap Downgrade Options and enter your Apple ID password.

The Downgrade Options button is towards the bottom of the page, below Upgrade Options.

7. Choose a different plan:

• To downgrade your plan, choose a new storage amount.
    • To cancel iCloud+, choose the free 5GB plan or choose None.

8. Tap Done. If you can't tap Done, make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID that you use for your iCloud+ plan. You can also try following these steps on a different device. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

If you downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan, the change takes effect after your current subscription billing period ends."

This is outlined in more detail here: Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

Nov 4, 2022 8:18 AM in response to ntsh_fz

Thanks for the updated screenshot nth_fz.

Go look at what's showing in Subscriptions to see if it's already pending to begin on the next billing cycle. You can view this by going to Settings > tap your name > Subscriptions. What do you show for iCloud+? Do you see an expiring date for the 200 GB plan and the 50 GB plan with a starting date?

Reach back out if needed.

Take care!

Icloud+ storage plan not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.