Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Air 2015. The current OS installed is El Capitan. Is there a more recent version that I can install on this computer?

I have a MacBook Air 2015. The current OS installed is El Capitan. Is there a more recent version that I can install on this computer?

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 10:22 AM

Yes. a 2015 MacBook Air can update to macOS 12 Monterey.

See here: link-> macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

Do note, Monterey does not support 32 bit apps, so check your apps and make sure they are all 64 bit, our have updates you can apply, or look for replacements.

To update, see here: link-> How to download macOS - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 10:22 AM in response to RobertCurtin

Yes. a 2015 MacBook Air can update to macOS 12 Monterey.

See here: link-> macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

Do note, Monterey does not support 32 bit apps, so check your apps and make sure they are all 64 bit, our have updates you can apply, or look for replacements.

To update, see here: link-> How to download macOS - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.